Sunday, February 21, 2010

SNOW part 3

 

 

 

Well, it snowed. It was awesome. 8 1/2 inches. 5th biggest snow on record for Cola town.

Maren could care less about it. We couldn't get her to smile for a snow picture for anything. What a little stinker! The Howards spent the night at the Burdens Friday night for a Sat. am snow delight! The kids had snowball fights with el, Jeff & dad. Mom, Mare & I prettymuch stayed indoors. I like to look. Cold wetness is really not my thing for more than about 10 minutes at a time.

Sat. afternoon O'Hara and I went to the Woodlands in Summerville. It was so nice. We had a delicious meal, a fireplace in our bedroom and a HUGE whirlpool tub. GREAT valentine's day gift, O'Hara! We will definitley be going there again.
The only downer about the trip was that I woke up in the middle of the night with a throw-up bug. UUUGGGHHH. So, needless to say it wasn't quite as romantic as Valentine's day could be.

Maren did well, once again, spending the night with her Nana. Man, I wish she would sleep that well at home!

I have been working on a few projects the past few weeks:

1. I got a sewing machine and have been learing a few things. I made Maren a sundress. I made a pillow for the nursey. I'm working on a couple of other things, too.

2. I am working on my bedroom...re-arranging, taking down art, putting up art, new lampshades, etc.

3. This darn computer!!!! I have been having a hard time understanding and working with my newly updated old desktop. Since the "big switch" from my laptop back to the desktop, I have struggled getting old files (photo, music, etc.) from the laptop to the desktop with what seems to be a nearly dud external hard drive. Boo. Anyway, good times in computer world. It has taken a LOT of time and MUCH patience on my part. Pat on back.

4. My health/diet. Another difficulty. O'Hara and I have made a bet called the "20 lb. showdown" where the winner gets $500 and a weekend away!! If O'Hara beats me I will just die.(Mainly because he gets to have 500 and weekends away anytime!!) So far, I am winning by 2 lbs. The bet ends May 28th. Good luck me! (Of course I want him to succeed, that will also be a reward for me!)

Boo bear is standing in place and taking steps to us, to a toy, to a piece of furniture. My bet is that by next week we'll have a wobbly walker. Just a mintue ago she just started walking across the room to O'Hara. I'm afraid!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

bsmithhill said...

So exciting about Maren walking! And good luck with your 20 lb challenge! You can do it!

Unknown said...

Finally! Please don't leave me hanging like that again! I'm rooting for you in the showdown (don't tell O), but I think you deserve the prize regardless! Take some video of your little walker and keep the updates coming. Love you.