Friday, May 16, 2008

Meet Lali

Lali is my bird. She is an Indian ringneck parrot. Her name is Indian and it means "darling girl" and is pronounced like "lolly." She sure is pretty. PRETTY LOUD. Man, this bird knows exactly the worst time to start skwauking (is that the word?) For instance, she will be silent and sit pretty for hours. Then as soon as I get a phone call, there she goes. She goes CRAZY. Also, if we decide to sit down for a nice meal, she freaks. I just am torn. How could we have children with a VERY LOUD bird around. They live like 30 years. She's 20 mos. Will I be pleading with a bird to hush up everyday for the next 28 years? She's high maintenance. 50% of her diet is table food...and well balanced. She eats better than me. On the other hand, I love her sweet little noises and chirps and she whistles and coos when I hold her. She has a little "show-off" dance that warms my heart! And she is so interesting to watch and just look at. I don't even want to think about her pooping on my new hardwood floors at the new house, though. UGH. Anyway, this is my bird. I love her and she drives me insane.

No comments: