Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Out of towners...

This past weekend O'Hara went to Darlington for nascar races. That didn't interest me one little bit, so I stayed home and hung out with a few girlfriends & my brother & his friends...did I mention they are dating each other? It's getting strange! We had fun, though: going out to eat, sitting on the porch having a few beers. I think it 's gonna take a little time to get adjusted to the whole idea, but as long as everyone's happy, right??

Went shopping Sat. w/mom. We had a lot of luck. This has just been the best year ever for me and finding clothes and furniture,etc. that I like! Anyway, we got home to her house and ate supper & I went home. I was scared. All alone. I went to sleep and had bad dreams and kept waking up scared. The dogs were making noise in their kennels, and I freaked out. Where's my new strapping, fearless husband when I need him? Then the thunder & lightening started. I turned on the weather channel and there were tornaod warnings in neighboring counties and I ran out of the house, got in the car, and headed straight to mom & dad's (in night clothes.) What a wimp. I used to live all by myself and didn't get so scared. What's happened to me?

I was glad when O'Hara got home Sun. I missed him. We had a great time at mom's house, eating and hanging out, enjoying the kids. Uncle James got a moped and that was fun watching everyone take turns giving it a go. No, I didn't do it. Too scary. Also, I forgot to tell O'Hara's mother happy mother's day. I really am terrible. Her only daughter-in-law and I didn't even call.

So after a weekend apart, me & O saw each other Sun. night. Then I left Mon. am to o to Charleston and help Rachel pack her house up into a pod. I am still here and should be back in Cola. tomorrow afternoon. Then Thurs. O's going to Charleston to go deep-sea fishing with his dad Fri. am. I guess you get married and never see each other! I'm really looking forward to getting in our new house and settling into some normalcy! I'm gonna put up more wedding pics when I get home.

No comments: