Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A quick note on the election:

America is really changing.

I am saddened by the way over half of the country wants to take us.

It is an emotional time for all of us, and I am surprised by how affected I am personally by people I thought I knew and understood. Through websites like MySpace and Facebook, I am far more aware of people's beliefs than I ever was before this election.
I just want to shake these people. I will be doing a lot of praying on the subject.

I certainly respect that we all have different opinions about the future and our government. It is our individual American right, and for that I am proud to be American.

But right now, I feel little pride about "history unfolding," etc. What I really feel is fear for our country and our future. I fear for our safety. Is no one else terrified?
Why has everyone made such a big deal about the fact that the president-elect is half black? I though we were all more open-minded than that. Race has nothing to do with policy.

And then I remind myself that all I can do is pray. God must have a plan.

No comments: