Tuesday, December 9, 2008

December 2008-The beginning

I don't really know how to take pictures like this...hints the bad lighting from the flash.
A nativity scene

Santa hanging loose in the kitchen


The dining room looks prettier than this shows



The only year O & I will have solo stockings on this mantle!!





Our pretty little tree
Hey guys. Thought I'd post some pictures of the house decorated for Christmas.
We went to Montreat this past weekend. It was neat for me and O to have that "sleep in the same room" right-of-passage this year. We pushed the beds together to make the room cozy, but had separate sheets, so whatever! It was a fun time.
I enjoyed the lesson on "punctuation" in our lives: What are your exclamation marks? Your question marks? Your periods? Your ...'s?? I've been thinking about that this week. I think sometimes it's hard to trust in the Lord have the faith it takes to rid ourselves of the question marks, meanwhile showing exclamation for all His greatness. Let's not forget what this holiday and season of advent is all about.
This baby girl is kicking me like you wouldn't believe (unless, of course you've had children and know exactly what I'm talking about. ) Each day I am getting more and more excited about her and our family and what it all means. I am so full of emotion I could burst. We really are so blessed to have all that we do. O'Hara and I were talking about what we want for Christmas this year. Have we already started to grow up? Because we both wanted something for the baby. I have never felt closer to my husband.






1 comment:

Candace said...

Hey Ashby!!! I saw your comment on my blog so good to hear from you. Congrats on the husband, house, puppies and the baby on the way. A lot has happened for both of us i see. Do you know what you are having?? My email is candace.monteleone@gmail.com I'd love to hear from ya. Take care
Candace