Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 2008-The end

Last day of the year! And what a year it has been. In 2008, I got married, traveled to the US Virgin Islands, bought a house, got pregnant, I guess I could continue with other firsts, but isn't that about enough for one year?? It has been wonderful.

Christmas was great. We had a perfect day...starting at the Burden's, on to mom & dad's, then to Precious', and finally home to host a supper for O'Hara's family. We made a pretty good lasagna. Anyway, everyone was especially generous with us this year. We have accumulated many, many baby things including clothing, shoes, bedding, diapers, wall art, and blankets. I'm starting to think that this baby will not want for much! Santa also brought me a new Coach bag, which is awesome. It smells so good.

I finally took down all the decorations this week. Our house looks so bare now. But not for long. There is about to be a bunch of baby stuff all over the place, so I better enjoy the space for now. Tonight O'Hara and I plan on going to a movie and he's gonna cook me that delicious pasta dish with the turkey bacon in it. I can't wait. It'll be my first New Year's with out champagne in many years! I think I may like the pasta better!

Resolutions and such for 2009:

1. Take more pictures!!! I always wish I had more. I can never remember to take them. Surely, baby will cure me of this.

2. Cut out the cussing. I am not a big cusser or anything, but sometimes I just bust. I certainly do not want to present myself as one with a foul mouth.

3. In Sunday school last week we talked about how everyone makes resolutions that have to do with oneself. So, the goal is to do something for others instead. I'm not sure what gifts I have to share just yet, so I'm gonna have to pray on this one.

Everyone be safe and have a blast this New Year's Eve!

No comments: