Friday, August 15, 2008

Is it really August 15th?




These pictures are from this digital motion camera that O set up at Jon's farm in Leesville. The last picture is 2 coyotes!!! Whoa!
Lately I have been obsessed with our new family member: the nintendo Wii. It is pretty sad. I was so pumped to get it, as you know! Finally we broke down. So, every morning me & O have been doing the Wii Fit. It monitors your BMI as well as your weight. Scary, but good. It has all kinds of exercises that are set up as challenges, so it makes it less like working out, more like gaming (duh.) Anyway, the system records your progress and as you get better it unlocks new challeges to break up the monotany. Yoga, Balance games, strength training, and aerobics are the catagories to choose from. Check it out if you happen to have a couple of extra hours each day..(it takes a bit of time to navigate between exercises.) Also, Ellen & Jeff got a Wii, too. They have the Dance Dance Revolution. talk about working up a sweat! We've been doing it together for a couple of weeks now. Ellen is awesome!! I am getting better. She left it over at my house a couple of nights ago, so I have been dancing up a storm the past couple of mornings!!

With the olympics going on, how appropriate for us to be trying to get into shape!

As far as the weight gain over the summer, we are both working on that, too. Losing weight is really sucky. Gaining is so much fun! Anyway, I'm trying to learn more about food and how it works for/against my body so that I can eat smarter. I'm down 4 lbs. so far. Only a bajillion to go! O's lost, too...I'm not sure how much, though. Maybe more than me!

I helped mom at her schol all last week. And this week I have watched the Chasie & Parker some. They are getting so big and smart. Jon came over yesterday and Parker was calling him "Jon-Jon, big ole Jon-Jon." So cute.

For all you non-hunters, today is opening day for killin deer. Woo-hoo. Not. I am not a fan of killing the animals. If I ate deer meat, that would be one thing. But, I don't eat deer or doves or quail or duck, even wild turkey (i have tried it, but it was too gamey.) So O'Hara has been airing out his camo for several weeks in preparation. He's cleaned his guns and sighted them, bought any other gear that may be useful. I guess it's good that he has a hobby that he enjoys. He really has many hobbies. He hunts and fishes, plays tennis and softball. He loves gamecock football, he does that fantasy football thing. He likes to go out to different farms ant work in the fields. He likes cooking. Anyway, lately I have been wondering what my hobbies are. I know that I like to cook, sing, listen to great music, I like the Wii (do we call that a hobby??), I like to crochet, but I almost never do it. Maybe I'll get back into that when it starts getting cooler. It's always good to make a blanket: keeps you warm as you make it. I love hanging with the kids. I like going to church on Wed. nightsI like the bike, but it is so dadgum hot outside I don't want to get on it. Anyway, I've gotta do some soul searching to find my niche!

On a different note, Pudding got had this week. She is in heat. Jay & Shannon's black lab did the job. We'll see in a couple of weeks if puppies are on the way. Any advice on the matter will be appreciated, seeing as how neither of us has ever dealt with mam dog or puppies and the whole process. It's scary and exciting! Several people want the pups already and we don't even know if she's gonna have em yet! I'll let you know in 17 or so days.

O'Hara's 31st b-day is Monday. I have no idea what to get him and he doesn't really want a party. He told me last night that he just wants us to go to Ruth's Chris Mon. night. YES!!!!!!!!! It'll feel like my birthday too!!!!


No comments: