Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Since the last time:

This past weekend we went to the lake to hang out with Cory & Jennie at Cory's brother's house. BEAUTIFUL lake lot. Big views on big water! We got up there Fri. night and played cards and went on a boat ride. Jon was also there. Sat. I read a book while the others went out on the boat to visit other friends around the lake. It was nice to have a peaceful day of reading. It was so quiet. Also, Jon's dog Nic Nic kept me company. When they got back we ate and watched some olympics and then a couple of Jon's friends came over. All-in-all it was a good time and it was also really good to get to know Cory's girlfriend Jennie better. She is so sweet and so easy to get along with! We had never had one-on-one time before...always in a large group.

Yesterday was O'Hara's 31st birthday. We were going to go to Ruth's Chris, but he decided sort of last minute that he didn't want to do that anymore. I was helping mom at her school, so we had to scramble to pull something together. We went and got take-out from Fujiya (our fav. Japanese rest.) and a cake from Publix. Mom put up a happy birthday sign in the dining room. Ellen cancelled she & Chasie's horseback-riding lessons and the Burden clan headed over to mom's. I think he had a good time. I know it wasn't crazy or friend-filled, but for last minute, we did the best we could! He got some cookbooks, a headlamp and some other hunting gear, and a nice gift-card to Bonefish! Also, his mama & Al had already sent a HUGE box of meat from Horizon meats (I think.) [It's like Omaha steaks, but I think a little better.] And his dad got him some cool columbia shirts. Either way, we went to bed full and happy!

I am going to visit Precious in a few minutes and then picking Julia Chase up from her second day of first grade today! Tomorrow I'll help mom at her school. Thurday I'll chill out and do some shopping for a new bedspread, and Friday we'll be heading down to Florida! We're going to be visiting Kathy & Al. They are moving and are graciously giving ua a king-size bed and a gas grill!! Although I'm sure the grill is cool, I can't wait for the "big ole bed"--as Parker would say. I'll let you know how it sleps when we get back.

No comments: