Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another Day, Another Dollar

Can anyone EVER go into Target and not spend a hundred dollars? Anyway, I find it difficult. I really do think that Target is my favorite store. You can get what you need (except produce) and loads of stuff you don't need! I can browse in there for hours. What a store.
So we went to Target today. Didn't even get anything particularly great, but it was a fun time nonetheless.

One way to compensate for the money spent at Target is that we have the air conditioner OFF. The windows are open and the fans are going and it is absolutely lovely! I love when there's a slight chill in the air and you start thinking about all the fun holidays and decorating to come... all the smells and cooking and music and celebrating! It makes me want to cry a little bit about how much I love this time of year. Now that I think about it, I am truely grateful that I live in a place that experiences the seasons. Sure, maybe there won't be snow, but Asheville is just 2 hours drive! I have often thought it would be amazing to live in Hawaii. But no seasons, right? So it's a no-go. (A nice long holiday there sure is NOT out of the question, though!)

So, if Puddin' isn't having puppies, I don't know what a pregnant dog looks like. Her poor little nipples are no longer little (more like long) and she is sleeping ALL the time! NO energy. So if she is having pups, she is exactly 40 days along. This means that by the time we find out for sure (42 days or so,) we will have 21 or so days to prepare for who knows how many little labs and little poops and little pees. I wasn't originally looking forward to all that, but now that it seems almost inevitable, I'm sorta proud of our little girl!! Go Pud! Have some babies! It'll be fun for the kids to play with puppies and fun for us, too. (Outside of the cost, cleaning, and constant care for 6-8 weeks.) Hahaha!
It was a good weekend. What did we do Friday? I can't remember. Must've been pretty wild! J/K. My best guess is TV and bed. Sat. me and mom went to see that movie THE WOMEN. It wasn't very good...some cute /funny parts, but many GD's and it was a little slow. But I still enjoyed seeing all the famous actresses all dressed up! Then we went shopping for a while. I have 3 weddings coming up and no cute dresses to wear. No luck, though. I have expanded and am not proud. Summer over-eating got me good. Maybe I'll find something cute this week for the Charleston wedding this weekend. Then I'll have another month until I need to think about a dress for Guy & Renee's wedding, and another month after that for Peterson's. After shopping I came home and cooked up a storm. Then Brent & Lynne came over to watch the USC vs. Wofford game. Can't believe we won.
Today was pretty laid back. Sunday school, lunch at TGIFridays, lounging, Target, and I'm about to curl up and watch a movie!

No comments: