Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The past weekend...

We had a great weekend. On Friday, I got to spend some time with a friend from college, Candy. She was in town visiting another friend and we had lunch and hung out for a few hours! It was great to catch up. It had been 8 years since our last visit. Hopefully we'll do better at keeping in touch this time around!
Friday night we had friends in town staying at our house: Guy & Renee and Eric & Mindy and Jason. It was one of those times when the extra bathrooms came in handy. Believe me, it makes having house guests MUCH more comfortable. We had decided to grill out with the people above and Brent & Lynne, Jon, & Meredith. 10 or so more people showed up. Luckily, they were all friends. I think Jon had a hand in the inviting. The new grill was awesome. We had around 10 steaks and 10 burgers all going at the same time! Anyway, it was fun.
Sat. the rest of the gang went to the USC vs. Georgia game. We lost. Shocker. I went over to mom's and had lunch and a nap and then went to the grocery store. Good thing I did. I made a big supper: chicken bog, 2 pots. After the game, people started pouring into the house. I would guess that 30 people were over, including O's buddy from way back, Daniel. He also ended up spending the night. Poor guy slept on the floor. Sorry, Daniel. Next time ask for a mattress.
Sun. morning we got up and cooked breakfast and then me & O headed out to Sunday School. We have joined a new class and right now we are studying the "Five Love Languages." It is a good class. I read the book before we got married and O had read some of it before the class started. I look forward to next Sun. We came home and relaxed and then went to mom's for supper with mom & dad and Ellen, Jeff & the kids. It was all-in-all a fun weekend.
BTW, a side-note about the king size bed: O'Hara has decided he does not like the bed. He says that we are too far apart now. You can't win 'em all, right?

No comments: