Monday, June 30, 2008

Beach Bound

I had another good week. I ate well, and the scale shows it. Also, mom got me a bike for my birthday! So, Tues., Wed., Thurs. I biked. She got one for herself also, so it is perfect: we can ride together! I just need to get one of those bike things to go on the back of my car so I can get it back and forth from my neighborhood to hers easily. I love riding that bike! I haven't really ridden in a LONG time. Seriously, when's the last time YOU got on a bike? It's not so easy! I fell off the first time around the block when we were test riding. No joke. But I it's all coming back to me.
The weekend was good. Me & O worked on getting all the final bits out of the Rosewood house. I am on my way over there in a few minutes to sweep/mop, etc. We put it on craigslist yesterday and have 4 people already who want to rent it. Woohoo! I stayed in Fri. night and cleaned/organized Thames Ct. and O'Hara went out with his buddies. Sat. me & mom went shopping. No luck for me, but she got some cool new wedge sandals and a top. Then Kathy & Al came over to see the new house and visitied for a while. I got to see the pictures from her trip to Africa...so neat. Then we went to Hilary's surprise party. She was surprised and it was plenty of fun! Yesterday we were kinda lazy and hung around the house. But we did have a mid-day craving for Carrabbas, so we satisfied that! Nothing like some chicken parm in the middle of the day!!
Today i MUST clean my car out. It is a disaster. And tonight we are going to have supper with Kathy & Al @ Ruth's Cris. I think that should be fun. It is located in the Hilton downtown, where we stayed on our wedding night. It'll be neat to be there.
So, I'm heading to Pawleys tomorow for another 4th of July/birthday celebration. I have been ready to get down there since I came home after Memorial day weekend. I have a new book, some new tanning lotion, and my old beach towel I forgot I had (found it in a box in the attic of Rosewood.) I'm all set. It will be a different year without Rachel. We'll miss you Rach! Don't think any friends are coming down. Hilary said she may come. So anyway, it should be a "back to the basics" kinda week: shanghai cards, watermelons, fishing on the beach, crabbin, reading, snacking, biking. O'Hara's gonna bring the bikes and James' moped on a trailer so we can have some fun on those! I can't wait!!!!!!!!
I'll post pictures from the week when I get home Sun. or Mon. Have a great week/weekend! Be safe this Independence Day yall!

No comments: